This post contains affiliate links, meaning that I receive compensation if you purchase through any of links on this page identified as such (at no additional cost to you!)We have advertising relationships with the stores in this post
I have to admit I’m most definitely a bags and shoe momma, so when I realized that International Red Shoe Day was this month July 25, I immediately started rounding up 11 fabulous ways to wear Red Shoes. Before I get into the fabulous outfits ideas, I will share with you the significant meaning behind the day. International Red Shoe Day, also known as Red Shoe Day, is actually a day of remembrance, and celebrates all those who suffer and/or have passed away from Lyme disease and any other invisible illness.
"What Is an Invisible Illness?"
An invisible illness is an umbrella term for any medical condition that isn’t easily visible to others. Some invisible illness is chronic fatigue syndrome, physical conditions such as arthritis, mental illness, diabetes, and fibromyalgia. The day was created in the memory of Theda Myint of Australia, who passed away from Lyme disease on July 25, 2013. It has since been expanded to include all illnesses that are easily visible with physical symptoms.
A few of Theda Myint friends that are part of an Australian Lyme disease support group came up with the day. They were asked; “What was Theda favorite color?”, and they stated ” Green unless it was shoes! she loved Red Shoes!”, so in her memory, they got the idea for the holiday. Calling all momma’s if you been eyeing a cute pair of RED shoes but have no idea how to put together in an outfit, no worries I will share with you how you can easily combine your fabulous red shoes with basic wardrobe-essentials. Go ahead indulge yourself and buy that cute pair of red shoes and wear them with pride in remembrance of all who struggle with an invisible illness. Here is a list of basic essentials that you can pair them with.
- Black Leggings
- Boyfriend Jeans
- Denim Shorts
- White Skinny Jeans
- Skinny Denim Jeans
- Basic Long-sleeve Tee
- Red Blazer
- Navy Polka Dot Skirt
- White & Black Stripe Tee
- Basic Black v-neck tee
- White Button Blouse
- Red Halter Top
- White Blazer
- Grey Crop Long Sleeve Tee/Sweater
- Navy Skirt
- Grey Basic v-neck tee
- Blue pinstripe blouse
- Red Shoes
4. Everything doesn’t go with black and white but I assure you that Red shoes does. You can make a boring black and white outfit vibrant by adding Red shoes and a semi red bag. A classy look with white blazer and basic black tee looks amazing with Red Heel Booties.
5. This can be a baddie evening look for the momma that’s either meeting the girls for dinner or attending a casual swag after-work/ happy hour function. White button blouse, Jeans and Red Stiletto Heel Sandals, will pop and still you’ll look elegant. It doesn’t matter what you have going on this look can go from casual to evening elegant.
6. One of my favorite combinations is Red and Navy. The color navy can look very corporate and the Red stop it from looking that way. However, If you are going to style a Red on Red option, make sure it’s the same bold red color. This casual look can go from day to night, basic tee with a pencil skirt and Lacey Red Pump Shoe for work. If you’re having a work function throw on a red blazer for an elegant yet classy look for dinner party and with this look you can’t go wrong.
7. For some reason Red shoes work really well with stripes. When you add any shades of blue, is something about the navy and blue color that makes Red Shoes pop. For a more classy party look, Red Stilettos, Baby blue stripes shirt, Navy skirt and Red Bag, It’s a combination that will have you looking fabulous.
9. Casual look, to hang with the girls; Red Stilettos Sandals, Semi-casual top, skinny dark jeans and Red Bag. This look never gets bored, you will never feel to overly dressed.
10. This can be a Momma’s Date night look. I can’t rave enough how BLACK TIGHTS are a life saver for ANY occasion. You can throw on any dressy or casual top with Stiletto Heels Sandals and you will never feel under dressed or overly dressed.
11. If heels are not your thing anymore, and you are more the casual laid back girl, you can still style a casual look with loafers, sweater, button down blouse with boyfriend jeans.
So there you have it! a good reason to buy RED shoes 🙂 for a significant cause. Whether you struggle with an invisible illness, or know someone who does, or you’re a shoe lover momma just like me, I wish you a wonderful Red Shoe Day! Do you own Red shoes? If you do how did you style them? Love to hear all about it.